Sat Beeb four?

Not quite DIY, but does anyone know what happened to BBC Four on FreeSat? I'm pretty sure it was there last time I used satellite in the caravan last year.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Harry Bloomfield saying something like:

During the day (up to 7pm) it's CBBC, so you might not have got it, iyswim.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

Drive back to where the caravan was parked

It's prolly still there

Reply to
geoff

Yes, it shares the frequency/polarisation but remains in the EPG, at least it does on all the sat boxen I've played with.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

harry wrote on 09/05/2011 :

I already knew that 3 and 4 were evenings only, but I did not seem able to receive it on an evening. I was not able to cross check against our system at home, because our home system's PSU is in need of some repair.

4 showed up in the EPG, but its channel was always blank when I tried it. A rescan just produced the one frequency.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Probably not related, but I've been having problems with our local BBC

2/3/4 multiplex during the switchover. They're currently on channel IDs 839 - 842. That's at Fenton transmitter.
Reply to
John Williamson

Dunno if this helps, but I have one of those 5 quid including postage FreeView USB dongles, and scan during the day you get the kids stuff which then won't work as 3&4 in the evening. Scan in the evening, you get 3&4 - but then no kids stuff during the day. Probably something to do with the EPG.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)