Red and black cables

You and every other brexit-sceptic keeps working on the assumption brexit=certain doom.

As I said before, I did not choose a guaranteed future.

I chose a path.

And I believe it is the right path (to exit). It will not be easy, but I have not seen Westminster for a long time actually sit down, and say: right, it's upto us - let's make this work.

In that sense the EU was a disaster - the UK just drifted along with relative apathy and anything that went wrong could be "blamed on the EU".

Now it has to perform for the electorate and for the country - and it knows it. That's a good think in itself.

Reply to
Tim Watts

There's a place near us that does pole and table dancing. Well, the Poles love to dance. Like crazy! But the tables?

Reply to
GB

I'll just say what I think, without reference to the rest of you.

  1. Unlimited migration within the EU was a real problem. We had 300k net migration last year, and no plan to deal with it. That does not excuse the lack of planning, though.

  1. Apart from that, we were far better off in the EU. Who cares a f*ck about bendy bananas? And we traded a lot with the EU without tariff barriers. Besides, we need to be part of a large trading block for negotiation purposes.

  2. Cameron tried to limit the migration and got short shrift. I suspect that if we tried again post Brexit, we'd get longer shrift. It is an issue, and the EU needs to recognise it.

  1. Ireland and Luxembourg offering low tax environments means that big companies pay SFA tax. That needs tackling.

Reply to
GB

Well yes, but in the end they were simply too lazy to vote, and thats why the leavers won.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, we weren't. Already its becoming clear that we have far more opportunities outside

The Natural Philosopher

Red green is common and a problem.

Reply to
dennis

It's not male only, but it is sex-linked. Women can also inherit colour-blindness, but only if they inherit _two_ copies of the gene, one from each parent; men will be colour-blind with only _one_ of those genes.

Reply to
S Viemeister

It is clear that a lot of those who voted Leave did so without a clue. I've spoken to quite a few.

There were outright lies on both sides, and you know that very well.

Reply to
Bob Eager

which is why the earth conductor has striped insulation.

Reply to
charles

There's more than one gene involved - according to Wiki:

Color blindness is typically inherited. It is most commonly inherited from mutations on the X chromosome but the mapping of the human genome has shown there are many causative mutations?mutations capable of causing color blindness originate from at least 19 different chromosomes and 56 different genes (as shown online at the Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM)).

Reply to
polygonum

Isn't it folly to treat *any* colour as safe?

Reply to
polygonum

Fair point.

Reply to
Scott

Green/yellow is pretty safe....

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not if someone has connected it to live!

Reply to
alan_m

You want to go back to the nonsense of different colours for house wiring and flex?

Turn the traffic light upside down, and you'd likely find out how many don't stop at red.

It's something like 30% of males with blue eyes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's mainly a problem with red and green. Swapping line and neutral ain't usually dangerous. But swapping line and earth is. Hence earth being striped. Of course you still need to learn what the stripes refer to.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Something like half that was non EU. And despite this government pledging to cut immigration to a trickle, they did nothing about the half which was under their control.

In some ways, it was reflection on the success of the UK. Immigrants were finding work here - and easily. And much of it work the UK born didn't seem to want regardless of pay.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What about the Laps?

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

This is the snag. Same as assuming everyone knows red is danger. There would never be a set of colours which would be intuitive to everyone.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The EUSSR was systematically asset stripping the UK by offering money to transfer industry to Eastern Europe.

Drivel. Flexes and cable were both black and red.

Go on. Tell us one of them.

Reply to
harry