Recommendations for oscillating multi-tool

I had B & Q own brand one and it died after not much use. I now have a Makita with quick tool release, and it's really good.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Presumably Chinese now. I used a Bosch drill (lightly) over a period of a couple of decades, and it was fine. But then it was made in Switzerland by Scintilla, who were partly Bosch-owned. They became fully owned by Bosch in the early 2000s, after which the Swiss connection was presumably broken.

Reply to
Joe

There's a 2nd hand Parkside one in the BHF Charity shop in Worthing :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Ear protection is also a must if my Einhell mains multitool is typical.

Also, when cutting chipboard, the vibrating cutter gets so hot the sawdust can start to smoulder, so keep a plant sprayer full of water to hand.

Reply to
Andrew

I had several big Bosch drills when I was working. Very reliable and capable.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright