Ryobi chargers. P113 or P118" ? And about replacing cells?

I'm migrating my hodgepodge of cordless tools to Ryobi as the garage sale supply permits.

I have Ryobi P113 and P118 battery chargers. I'm charging 18V One+ lithium batteries.

Is there any practical difference between the two? I don't care about fast charge. I don't care about getting the last bit of life per charge.

I want LONG service life for batteries that are lightly used.

I'm currently charging the least used ones to 20V, the most used to 21V at half an amp max and storing the rest at 19V. And I don't run 'em flat.

I read that these don't have any balancing capability built in. I'm thinking about drilling some tiny holes in the case so I can monitor, and adjust if necessary, balance.

Would be less hassle if the supplied chargers were gentle to the cells.

Charger recommendations?

I have one dead battery with cells that can't be recovered. Can I replace the cells?

The $10 Kobalt battery has the correct cells. I have the tab welder. The question is whether the controller will let me do that. I've found that most Computer Laptop batteries won't recover after replacing the cells. You need equipment and firmware to restart the controller. Does that happen with drill batteries?

Reply to
mike