Read the contractor agreement post. How about this?

Agreed on a price, total rip and replace any ply needed. Shook his hand. Down payment? None. "Pay me when i am done if you like it."

I live in a better part of America from what i see. Especially what i am not privy to.

Just sayin.

Reply to
Thomas

Not many guys left like that. i be you'll like it too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Good guys are out there. Ill post after the job.

Reply to
Thomas

About 6 years ago, I rented a mini-excavator and a sod-machine - for a weekend job - over the phone - from a new-ish local company. When they delivered it, I asked if they needed a deposit cheque - or credit card or anything to be signed ... he said "We know where you live " .. chuckle - and drove away. Both machines were A-1 +. A couple years later - for a scissor-lift rental - to decorate a wedding-barn - they offered a discount for ... 1. municipal use < groom worked for the town > 2. fire service use < groom was a volunteer firefighter > 3. wedding use - good-will gesture / wedding present ie: ~ free scissor lift. I have since recommended them ~ a dozen times John T.

Reply to
hubops