Best 'waggle' saw to buy for diy

You know what I mean, those saws that vibrate back and forth and] allow you to cut square holes in a piece of wood, or remove a strip from the bottom of a skirting board with it in situ.

There is one make that won't accept the standard bosch-style replacement blades, so i dont want that one.

Only for occasional diy, so don't recommend a £400 job, or the one that was on sale in Lidl months ago !.

Reply to
Andrew

You may find that very few accept the bosch-style blades as each manufacture seems to have their own unique fixing. However there are third party suppliers of blades with a universal interface that fit a range of many models. One such supplier is Saxton Blades

alan_m

Usual name is multi-tool. I thought at first you meant a sabre saw.

General consensus seems to be that Aldi/Lidl models are good value. FWIW I've been perfectly happy with my Bosch. The originals were, I think, Festool and Fein but they seem to be £400 and £300 respectively.

Now available in cordless. I havn't been tempted, never felt really restricted by a mains one but YMMV.

Reply to
newshound

Although confusingly Toolstation is now using the term for what *I* would call Dremels.

Reply to
newshound

Funny you should say that, the ones at Aldi are good value & ok. Or were. O scillating saws.

Reply to
tabbypurr

No, multitool usually.

Reply to
FMurtz

A waggle or wobble blade is normally a circular saw blade mounted on a sleeve at a slight angle so it cuts a groove wider than the kerf.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

+1
Reply to
G r o g

But the o.p. was talking abiut a 'Waggle'saw not blade

Reply to
fred

I have never heard of an oscillating saw referred to as a "Waggle saw", a multi-tool maybe, but waggle & wobble seem fairly interchangeable when referring to that kind of circular saw.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky