Best 'waggle' saw to buy for diy

You know what I mean, those saws that vibrate back and forth and] allow you to cut square holes in a piece of wood, or remove a strip from the bottom of a skirting board with it in situ.
There is one make that won't accept the standard bosch-style replacement blades, so i dont want that one.
Only for occasional diy, so don't recommend a £400 job, or the one that was on sale in Lidl months ago !.
On 24/09/2018 20:31, Andrew wrote:

You may find that very few accept the bosch-style blades as each manufacture seems to have their own unique fixing. However there are third party suppliers of blades with a universal interface that fit a range of many models. One such supplier is Saxton Blades
https://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 24/09/2018 20:31, Andrew wrote:

Usual name is multi-tool. I thought at first you meant a sabre saw.
General consensus seems to be that Aldi/Lidl models are good value. FWIW I've been perfectly happy with my Bosch. The originals were, I think, Festool and Fein but they seem to be £400 and £300 respectively.
Now available in cordless. I havn't been tempted, never felt really restricted by a mains one but YMMV.
On 24/09/2018 21:06, newshound wrote:

Although confusingly Toolstation is now using the term for what *I* would call Dremels.

On Monday, 24 September 2018 20:32:00 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

Funny you should say that, the ones at Aldi are good value & ok. Or were. O scillating saws.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

No, multitool usually.
A waggle or wobble blade is normally a circular saw blade mounted on a sleeve at a slight angle so it cuts a groove wider than the kerf.
Richard
On 25/09/2018 09:29, Tricky Dicky wrote:

+1
On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 9:29:53 AM UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:

But the o.p. was talking abiut a 'Waggle'saw not blade

I have never heard of an oscillating saw referred to as a "Waggle saw", a multi-tool maybe, but waggle & wobble seem fairly interchangeable when referring to that kind of circular saw.
Richard