Impact Driver recommendations - Makita TD0101F ?

I'm considering buying a corded impact driver, So I can fix battens into walls with selftapping bolts, and screw wood beams togethe, etc.
Makita TD0101F ? http://www.makitauk.com/products/front/?id=&model=TD0101F
Is there a better or cheaper alternative?
[g]

Never heard of impact on a 1/4 inch hex drive before, must be missing something.
Self-tapping bolts, you mean because your interior walls have metal studding?
Personally I wouldn't be using an impact driver for self-tappers or wood screws. YMMV.
On 04/04/2011 22:53, newshound wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Impact_driver
They do a very good job of both IME - (medium sized screws and up).
--
Cheers,

John.

On 04/04/2011 20:54, george [dicegeorge] wrote:

I have never tried a corded one, (unless you include pneumatic ones on an air line!), but looking at the spec on that one, it actually delivers less maximum torque than the 18V cordless one I use[1]. Having said that 90 Nm is probably more than adequate anyway so if you need to do lots if fixing without pausing for a battery swap then its probably a good deal.

If you already have a Makita cordless drill, (or other tool) the cordless IDs can be very good value bought "body only" to use with the same batts as charger. (my 18V one was about 80 odd quid that way IIRC)
[1] http://www.makitauk.com/products/front/?id !15&modeli36FDZ
--
Cheers,

John.

On 04/04/2011 23:03, John Rumm wrote:

I have a corded Makita impact driver, can't recall the precise model number, but its superb.
I bought it for decking because 6mm x 90mm coach bolts take a lot of battery power and a corded tool takes the load off the battery one.

An ID for use the way TMH does - hundreds of large screws, one after the other - I can see the need for corded. But for anything less intensive, I would (I did) choose cordless in preference. Simply note that cordless pro-models far outnumber cordless - most pro's are choosing cordless.
On 05/04/11 02:27, snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com wrote:

The batteries are not lasting long on my battery one so i'v ordered a TD101F from makita-direct.co.uk for 55.94 inclusive.
[g]
On 05/04/2011 02:27, snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com wrote:

I'll elaborate on that. I already had a 14.4v Makita impact driver with 3 x 3a/h Ni/Mh batteries. To speed things up I wanted a second impact driver.
Since you remove a 'life' every time you discharge/charge a battery I figured a mains driver was cheaper than replacing a battery - which strangely it is. Battery being 70 odd.
I'd definitely go for cordless as the first choice, but the corded is a handy tool.