Recommendation for Corgi Registered Gas fitters in Frimley

I'm looking for recommendation for Corgi Registered Gas fitters in Frimley, who are interested in boiler services and some minor gas pipework modifications, as well as larger jobs when the time comes.

I have tried a few in the past

1st I found out was known for over charging, especially when they tried to charged almost as much for a warranty repair as the initial repair a few week earlier. (gave up on the repair ideas a bad job and wanted a new system)

2nd Did not turn up for a boiler replacement

3rd Did a great job on boiler replacement , but does not appear to be interested in smaller jobs. email and already chased them 3-4 times!!!!

Thanks

Reply to
noname

I cant help you with a recommendation, but plumbers not wanting to do work is keeping me in business. I'm self employed doing property maintenance, and get loads of jobs that no-one else can be bothered going to. Try to get a toilet fitted, and you have to wait 6 months if you call a plumbing firm in the Yellow Pages, and thats if they want to do it at all. People tell me that they ring up people,book a time to give a quote, then they never turn up. Others says they can do the job, then again, they just do not turn up to do it. I fitted an outside tap on Monday, the lady said she had been trying to get one fitted for a year, but no-one would visit her, as she lived 3 miles from the nearest village, 10 miles from town.It was just by chance that she saw my leaflet in the local PO.

I do deal with a good Plumbing Company, and they are booked up for 3 months in advance, but they will do anything, not just big jobs. The downside is they charge a lot, though they do a good job, and are reliable.£80 is their charge for a built-in gas hob disconnect/re-connect, so a boiler service would be £150 I'd suspect. Maybe that is cheap for the South East, it always seems a little expensive to me here in the Midlands. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Exactly my experience Alan. Keeps me in work as well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

sorry, you said Frimley...

Reply to