reclaimed parquet flooring - bituman removal ?

First time poster here. A few questions if that's ok. Do I need to remove the bituman on the back of some of the strips ? Some posts seem to say yes, some no. If I do need to remove it, how ? Any dissolvers on the market or just sand them down ? Also lecol 5500 seems the right thing for me to use when laying, it'll be on a plywood base ( not concrete ) as it's a second floor flat, does that sound ok. Lastly what would people suggest to 'finish' it.It needs to be hard-wearing, so I'm undecided about varnish or wax or linseed oil etc. Any answers appreciated.

Reply to
westwatchet