Recently noticed a lot of interference on Bluetooth connection.

I normally play digital music stored on the computer, either by Bluetooth or Sonos connection. Not used the bluetooth connection lately, but its terrible today, keeps breaking up. I originally thought the the digital files were damaged, but the breakup is still there when radio 3 is being played across Bluetooth. Not noticed any problems with Sonos, but that uses Wifi and 5GHz.

Reply to
Sid

"If there is excessive Wi-Fi in the same area this will use up many potential Bluetooth channels."

The second way to kill Bluetooth, is to connect a USB3 cable to a poorly shielded HDD enclosure. Intel has a white paper, showing how to modify an enclosure design for better performance. The noise spectrum is broadband with a peak at 2.5GHz or so. The zero is at 5GHz (which is why the USB3 cable does not ruin 5Ghz Wifi band). USB3 noise (no noise on USB2) sometimes prevents wireless keyboard/mouse from working.

OK, so do this. Place the culprit and the victim, on either side of the PC.

USB3 drive on this side of PC --------------- DesktopPC ---BT /\/^ BT-speaker (radiating)

But as for the Wifi case, I'm not sure what will help there. You could temporarily network with a GbE cable, and see if that helps.

When the design was done, the designers specifically aimed to have BT and Wifi, coexist. In other words, it's supposed to work, and by design.

The USB3 noise problem Intel documented, that was never a known phenomenon and was discovered later. Intel wrote a white paper, to coax the HDD enclosure makers to clean up their act. It's a wonder they could pass emissions testing. Emissions testing is a bit of a crooked game, when it comes to making claims about "what cabling would normally be connected". So if you were a rat bastard, you could likely cheat on your testing, using loop holes in the rules. Making representative cabling, during test, starts arguments between experts, so it's not a settled matter.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Problem solved, I connected an Optical link between Amplifier and Computer.

Reply to
Sid

Pedant mode:

The symptom is solved but the problem with your BT link still remains.

Reply to
mm0fmf

I think Sid is entitled to define the "problem" as he wishes. (Like WC Fields when someone suggested he had a "drink problem".)

Reply to
Max Demian

More fool you in this case.

Reply to