Re: Washing Machines

Over to uk.d-i-y: uk.misc tends towards the Get-Someone-Else-To-Do-It.

Because it's cheaper in the long run - after all, the cost of replacing your carpet when your rebalanced washing machine drum sheds a bearing and makes a good attempt to escape via the front of the machine, causing the whole assembly to bodily leap forwards two feet and crush your cat all over the new damn carpet is somewhat higher than paying a repairman.

It's probably less traumatic for the cat as well.

Reply to
Evpuneq Erivf

Unless it involves food, alcohol or HOT SEX.

Shereen

Reply to
Shereen

I prefer somebody else to brew the booze, and the HOT SEX is better if somebody else wlll join in

I'm really not a do it yourself kind of guy

Reply to
Eric Jarvis

I, in company with Miss McKnight, spent the evening disembowelling 4 BBC B computers, in order to produce 2 fully working, and one almost working, BBC B computers...

Reply to
August West

Or big|expensive|old|unique computers.

Reply to
Evpuneq Erivf

Certainly not; we started with one machine salvaged from my garden (don't ask), and one borked machine, and two of unknown provenance.

Now just got find something out about the Torch Z80 Co-pro that one of them has in.

Reply to
August West