Re: Room Thermostat Query

On 25 Jan 2007 15:57:56 -0800 someone who may be "wonderlander snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote this:-

The thermostat has numbers on them but they don't seem to correlate to >the actual temperature, at the moment we have it set at 15 which is >reasonably comfortable!?

Sounds like it is working well. 15C is a good actual temperature for a hall. Presumably you find the temperatures in other rooms about right? If so then it sounds like it is time to leave things as they are.

Reply to
David Hansen

|I have recently moved into a house with a Potterton Boiler and PRT2 |room thermostat installed in the hallway. | |The thermostat has numbers on them but they don't seem to correlate to |the actual temperature, at the moment we have it set at 15 which is |reasonably comfortable!? | |Is my system set up wrong? Do I need a new stat, recommendations |please!

Every room thermostat I have ever used is slightly wrong when measured against a good thermometer close to it. Just set it to whatever you find comfortable.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Thanks for everyones replies, seems I have nothing to worry about! :o)

Always good to hear!

Potterton Boiler and PRT2

Reply to
wonderlander