Re: Presents for toddlers.

It's not that they might get in to the batteries themselves necessarily, rechargeables have a lower internal resistance so, if the toy develops a fault, it is more likely to melt/burn etc., leading to compensation claims. There's no reason why you shouldn't use them if you don't intend to make a claim against the manufacturer in such cases.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Wasn't the bump a bit of a clue? :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Believe it or not the 'bump' you refer to is not always as prominent as you might think.

PoP

PoP

Talking of non powered ones...

My Son wanted Thomas for his largish Tesco layout. No problem.

ELC wanted 10 quid for the engine and then 10 quid for each carrage. This is compared to 4 quid for ones without Thomas logos...

Bought a Thomas and Annie - the only two they had at the time. 20 quid. Got home, looked at the catalogue and discovered that for 25 quid you can get a figure of 8 track, a bridge, thomas and two carriages...and you get a choice of another free engine/wagon as well.

Went back, swapped it. 25 quid for 40 quids worth of rolling stock and a free track (well, 25 quid for about 2 quids worth of wood but you get the idea...)

Darren

Reply to
dmc

I realised the abiguity afterwards...!

She's over forty, no kids, and they've long said they didn't want any. But it was apparently planned (as much as that pair ever plan anything...)

Reply to
Bob Eager

lol! How old are they?

My 7 yo has been changing batteries in her stuff for 3 years or so. Anything that makes less work for me has to be good!

~~~~~~ Alison

Reply to
Alison Tooth

Seems to me like pretty rubbish presents, why not a descent Drill & Circular Saw set, a bit like "

"

Reply to
Harris

And the "oh no, not again" look on the babies face.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice