Re: Pictures (0/1)

Pictures

You can't post pictures directly to the group. Upload them to picasa, dropbox, flickr, etc and provide a link.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You can't post binaries (I.e. pictures) to usenet. If you want us to see them you need to upload to somewhere like photobucket and post a link here.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Extremely odd. I thought this was a non binary group, but I saw the pictures in the original message. This could be the first time I've seen images within this group in more years than I care to remember.

Reply to
News

They're already here. He posted them twice and both times they have loanded in the group, two pics in each post

Reply to
Phil L

3 times in total 15:29, 16:27 and 16:29
Reply to
Phil L

Depends on the newsfeed provider I think - I've sometimes seen pictures here, but usually not (including this time)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Of course, while it is technically possible to upload binaries to some Usenet servers, those of us on individual.net won't see them...

Reply to
polygonum

In message , polygonum writes

I believe that some non-binary news servers and newsgroups will 'unofficially' let you sneak through least small attachments. However, at 670kB each, these pictures can hardly considered small. There's no detail to warrant an HD jpg - and anyway, they are out of focus! A carefully sharpened 50kB would have sufficed.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

At an Exhibition? Of matchstick men Of lily are worth a thousand words, but not if you are blind.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Can't see them here (Giganews)

Reply to
John Rumm

Neither with Eternal September. However, Demon's news server allows them through.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

They were not any more visible to the rest of us, so you have not missed anything!

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
christopher

In message , Ian Jackson writes

Yes, I saw them via Demon, which is unusual. I thought Demon stripped images from non binary groups.

Reply to
News

In my newsreader (which displays URLs) your original post only contained

1 text word "Pictures". There were no links.
Reply to
alan

Why do you keep posting the word "pictures" with no pictures? All everybody sees is the word pictures and nothing else.

Reply to
F Murtz

Not everybody. Some of us COULD see the pictures.

Reply to
Ian Jackson