Wiring a Garage consumer unit.

Dad is concerned with all the wet weather, that if the garage gets damp, it's going to take the electrics out, which further up the line has a chest freezer on it.
He picked up a garage unit from Screwfix, and asked me how to wire it. I **WAS** quite confident I knew (see linked pic).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxs4UbxtVdGgN05xU3lodS1uTFE/edit?usp=sharing
Problem is (and what's thrown me), is the spare pin in the bus-bar. What's the point of the insulation shroud, if there is a pin to get a shock from?
Am I missing something obvious, or doubting my own ability? (apologies for the old-skool wiring colors)
Thanks.
On 11/02/2014 14:25, MarkG123 wrote:

That image doesn't seem to be loading for me?
--
Toby...
Remove your pants to reply
On 11/02/2014 14:50, MarkG123 wrote:

Yep, that works.
That is for a third MCB, if you don't have one to fit, then there should be a cover on the space on the front to stop it getting touched.
--
Toby...
Remove your pants to reply
On 11/02/2014 14:56, MarkG123 wrote:

I expect it is the same kit when you order one with three MCB's - less for them to do when assembling the kit.
I would probably not cut it off, and maybe wrap it in insulation tape, for future expansion ;)
--
Toby...
Remove your pants to reply
On 20/08/2017 16:44, Chris wrote:

More info required.
This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855
- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context.
On Sunday, 20 August 2017 16:44:07 UTC+1, Chris wrote:

The fact that you've not given any of the relevant information suggests that you don't yet have the skill to do so. Why don't you show us a pic of what you have there already.
NT
On 20/08/2017 16:44, Chris wrote:

If you select the text you are replying to before you start typing in the box, it will quote the original message so we have some idea what you are talking about. Your web site might have all the posts back to when Noah was a boy archived, but out usenet server does not!
--
Cheers,

John.
It threw me, as everything shown was supplied but not fitted. Seemed odd to supply a bus bar that supported more mcb than they supplied, so much that it made me question my sanity
On 11/02/2014 14:57, MarkG123 wrote:

The last cu I purchased had a bus bar too long to fit, you just cut them to length.
replying to MarkG123 , Eric4164 wrote:

Dear Markg123, I had exactly the same issue as you post. Why there are no instructions ! ? Is just stupid. It is I fear, just a cost cutting issue? The responses are basically from people trying to sound smug and superior. A day's work fitting this would be an electrician's dream. No doubt they would want to be called for re-wiring plugs and fitting cartridge fuses too?
Excessive costs are a major safety issue, as several High Court Judges have pointed out in gas safety cases.
I didn't cut the surplus prong but just taped it over safely.
Regards, E

On 05/09/15 13:44, Eric4164 wrote:

It's completely unnecessary to do either (there's enough bare live metal in that region despite the efforts of the busbar shield), but the tape will do no harm.
Cutting the prong is more annoying when you come along and try to add a new breaker to the CU.
replying to MarkG123, Ian H wrote: In the photo above it shows 2 live wires going out but only 1 neutral, is this correct & if so why ?
On 24/06/2017 20:14, Ian H wrote:

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855
- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context.
What photo, where? This is a text only newsgroup.
On 24/06/2017 20:14, Ian H wrote:

No. There should be 2 neutrals to match the 2 circuits; and 2 CPCs too.
--
Robin
The problem here is you posted through a web portal that does not pass on the pictures to the outside world You really need to post a dropbox link to any pictures etc for those viewing on Us3enet to be able to know what you refer to. Brian