wiring diagram for consumer unit

I have purchased a Wylex consumer unit NHRS204 as an additional consumer unit which I'm aiming to fit alongside the existing consumer unit which is an older type with wire fuses. ThWylex unit is a small consumer unit that comes with a RCD fitted and space for two MCB. I have bought an MCB which is all I need but the installation instruction does not show how to wire the box. Anyone has/knows the wiring diagram for this unit? TIA

Carlos

Reply to
Carlos Nazoa Ruiz

I'm afraid that I'm slightly worried by this question. A competent person should be installing the consumer unit. With this in mind, they are sufficiently simple not to warrant installation instructions, really.

Also, if such work was occuring, it would be an excellent time to get the dangerous old wire fusebox replaced by a large modern consumer unit.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Yuck!

I recently bought two Wylex CUs and they both came with instructions. Instructions are called "NH range Installation instructions". If you don't have them I could email you a copy.. However, if you have to ask I would be worried about your competence to do the job safely as the instructions are pretty obvious... If your CU only has a RCD and not an isolating switch as well, then its a shower or garage addon CU. As such it the live to it must be fed from a mcb/fuse or main switch output in the main CU.

The mcb you have bought simply clamps onto the busbar at the bottom of the new CU. The RCD has live, neutral and earth in from the main CU, live out to the busbar and a neutral out to a connecting block, which is separate from the neutral in.

You'd have been better off replacing the main CU with a split load kit CU from Screwfix, which is what I just did, took me less than one hour to install...

Reply to
BillR

Bill,

Thanks for the advice. Have now bought and wired in a new consumer unit. A much better neater solutiong. Ta.

Carlos

Reply to
Carlos Nazoa Ruiz