Re: New Washing Machine Installation

On the advice of this group we've bought a Miele washing machine which was

> delivered today. Although we opted not to pay for installtion the delivery > guys took pity on my heavily pregnant wife and connected it up off their own > initiative (she didn't know they had done it until they were ready for the > paperwork to be signed) > > Unfortunately they neglected to remove the transport bars so when the > machine reached it's spin programme it made a hell of a racket & danced > across the floor. I've now removed them and the machine seems to be OK but > my problem is now > > 1. Is this likely to have done any damage to the machine > 2. Do I let Miele / supplier know what has happened or do I keep quiet & > plead ignorance should anything go wrong > 3. Is this going to affect the 10 year extended warranty they are currently > giving away > > Thanks for your advice > >

The only thing that the transport brackets do is to stop the suspension from moving on the drum and it is very unlikely that it has caused any major damage to the machine. You say you got to it before it had gone through many spin cycles with brackets attached, so forget about it and carry on as normal.

Reply to
BigWallop