Re: Hard water/Calgon/scale watcher

>> John Andrews wrote: >> > Hi >> > >> > A couple of questions about hard water >> > >> > (1) Is Calgon a good idea? >> > (2) There's a gizmo you can buy for about 130 quid - connect it to the >> > rising main and it claims to dissolve the scale caused by hard water >> > from heating elements etc. Think the gizmo is called ScaleWatcher or >> > similar. Anyone have any opinions on this please? >> > >> > Cheers >> >> Light blue touchpaper and retire :-) >> >> In case you're new to uk.d-i-y, these questions have been discussed AT >> LENGHT several times before as I'm sure a quick Google will prove. >> >> 1. Never tried calgon. >> >> 2. I'd suggest you ignore any suggestion (and there will be at least >> one) that you can soften water without a proper ion exchange softener > >Phosphor and electronic descalers do not soften water. They descale it, and >that is what 99% of people want. >

They do? Do you have the Gallup figures for that?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It is well worth pursuing. Mine works.

Reply to
IMM

Very quite.

You need therapy.

Reply to
IMM

Do a Google on any snake oil product and you'll find plenty who are convinced it works. And advertising for those products usually has testimonial letters. Proves nothing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)