ramp to garage

I've have a garage that has a somewhat bumpy entrance for the car, there being a lip at the entrance. It presumably needs more of a ramp constructed. How could I do this

-and what materials would be best? There are are pix at

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Reply to
david thorpe

It's a bit difficult to judge from the pix - but it LOOKS like the driveway is flat/slopes away from the garage door, so concrete or tarmac seems to be the order of the day. If it sloped TOWARDS the garage door, you'd need to install some sort of drainage sysytem first - to prevent the garage floor flooding in heavy rain :(

Reply to
Paul King

Looks like they left room for a new drive surface, but all you did is scatter a bit of gravel. I'd hack out the lumps that are there, dig down a bit then chuck in some concrete (not much water) and beat it into a rampy sort of shape.

Reply to
Rob Morley

That's right, it slopes away from the garage door to a flat gravelled area.

If I just sort of daub concrete there, will it stick?

Reply to
david thorpe

Got you! Thanks .

Reply to
david thorpe

You can't really 'daub' concrete, you might be able to daub cement.

A strong mix of cement (i.e. a larger proportion of cement relative to the sand) will stick better. If you make it quite wet and allow it to go down into the gravel so it makes a solid area adjacent to the garage floor (which is presumably cement or concrete) I think you should be OK.

The risk will be that the cement you have added will lose its support from the gravel underneath and then break/crumble away so you need to be sure it's well integrated into the gravel.

Reply to
usenet

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, david thorpe struck the keyboard in a random fashion and came up with:

I'd prefer to go the concrete route but, since you already have gravel, why not just add more of the same right up to the garage door?

Reply to
Paul King