Raising stop tap cover

My stop tap cover is buried already under about 12" of earth then loose slate. I need to concrete the drive so will be adding another 4" of crete to the 12" Question is - will the water board undertake that for me ? or should I just do it myself and leave them well out of it, in case there are expensive regs that need following !

Reply to
Staffbull

DIY. When you get the cover off you will see how the thing is constructed, just add more. Make sure there is no weight from vehicles transmitted down on to the pipe, it may fracture it.

You can also buy pukka little boxes from a builder smerchant.

Reply to
harryagain

Get a piece of plastic ducting and raise the height to the level of your new drive - if you concrete over it, it's odds on that you will need to get at it sooner or later.

Reply to
Phil L

do it myself and leave them well out of it, in case there are expensive regs that need following !

Thanks, will do !. and my thoughts exactly ! as soon as concrete over it I'll need access !. been here 10 years and never needed it, but the law of sod prevails !

Reply to
Staffbull