Radiator stand-off

Whilst I?m in the process of fitting a new radiator, I got to wondering about which way round to fit the wall hanging brackets. They have two orientations that give two different stand-off distances. What are the pros and cons of narrow versus wide stand off?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

At a guess, the wider gives slightly better convection, and the narrower is more aesthetically pleasing. In reality it might be just to allow a bit more adjustment room to match the position of existing pipe tails.

Reply to
John Rumm

Mine tend to be large stand-off for single panels and short stand-off for doubles.

The singles have fins on the back and the doubles don't (there are some in-between), so it makes them about the same.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Steve Walker snipped-for-privacy@walker-family.me.uk> wrote in news:qeef3b$kbh$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I agree - standard bracket for two types of rad

Reply to
DerbyBorn