Radiator Brackets

hello all and happy new year

When fitting radiator brackets which it the correct way of fitting the brackets. Is it better to fit them with the wide side against the wall or is it better to fit them with the narrow side. It would seem to me the narrow side as to have a bigger gap between the wall and the radiator.

many thanks

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I am sure someone will disagree, but I think the brackets are designed this way to give you the choice over how big a gap to leave. Tim

Reply to
Tim Decker

The reason they have different side lengths is so you can choose depending on your situation.

Reply to
Grunff

Is it a hang over from finned and non-finned radiators?

Reply to
John

I am sure you will get better convection and therefore higher output if the gap from the wall is greatest - especially with big skirting boards.

However in some situations minimising thickness is preferable.

Reply to
robert

If you need to tuck curtains behind the radiator, then remember to fit the brackets so that there is a wide gap to the wall.

To avoid having to try and get behind the rad to decorate, then have a narrow gap

dg

Reply to
dg

I have always used the wider gap for single rads and the narrower one for double rads, unless there were space considerations that dictated otherwise.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .me.uk>"