radiator brackets

Hello,
Sorry if this is a daft question: I've bought some radiators and the
brackets come with bolts to fit them. That's no problem but I have
some 10G screws in the garage. Is there a reason I should use the
bolts rather than the screws? I thought screws would be quicker to fit
and remove. OTOH I suppose once up, you don't bother removing them
that often, if at all.
Thanks.
Reply to
Sam
Fit them however you want, so long as they will hold the weight. FWIW, I have a pile of these coach bolts in my garage from when I replaced some radiators - like you, I just used some 10 x 2" screws. Obviously it would have to be into a solid enough wall fixing to hold it. Alan.
Reply to
A.Lee
================================== If you mean 'coach screws' with a hex head they're much easier to screw in using a spanner (preferably socket / ratchet) rather than large screws using a screw driver. Use a washer with each coach screw and you won't distort the radiator bracket.
Cic.
Reply to
Cicero
I make a point of always binning any screws/wallplugs etc which are provided with anything I buy. Point is that it's important to have the correct match of screw size / plug size / drill size for a sound fitting, which I can control if I pick them myself - rarely is that easily possible with the crap provided. I don't make any exception for radiator brackets, and use 10G screws without any problems.
David
Reply to
Lobster
I did all mine with screws. Several of them are triple panel ones too, but they're all fitted to solid brick walls. (Brace and bit very good for this.)
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
================================== Probably a double ended screwdriver bit to use in a carpenter's brace for fitting the screws - not for the drilling.
Cic.