Radiator bleed valves

Hi guys

I'm looking to get hold of the little pin thing that screws into a radiator to bleed the air off.

Just been to B&Q an dthey dont sell them. Is there anywhere that does?

Cheers

Reply to
Paul Williams

Do you mean the key, or the valve insert?

If it's the key, then B&Q do sell them. If you want the valve insert, go to a PM and buy a complete valve if they don't just do the insert - they're not expensive.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

============= You can buy a complete 'Auto radiator air vent' from 'Focus' for about £1-50. You'll also need some kind of tool to remove the old one and a spanner to fir the new one.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Not all rads have the normal threaded plug and little pin to bleed with. I have some round topped rads that have just the pin that screws into the back of the rad.

I doubt that you can get the pin/insert separately, but I think it is probably the same thread, so I would just take one from a complete unit if I needed it.

Reply to
chris French

But I'd guess it's the same insert?

That's the obvious way.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , Paul Williams writes

Surely you have a central heating merchant somewhere close by

They're in Yellow pages under "Central Heating Merchants"

Reply to
raden

In message , chris French writes

I've bought them in the past