Queens speech

Demise of large estates? Propaganda. 0.66% of the population own 790% of the land, predominantly aristocrats. We are still a banana republic in many cases, and land ownership is one.

Yep and introduce Land value Tax (LVT), which is getting a bigger following by the hour.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

0.66% of the population own 790% of the land

Please explain what this means??

Reply to
Malcolm H

Yes - like where's the extra 690% located?

Reply to
Mike

You made that up.

Reply to
Matt

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Malcolm H" saying something like:

It's Drivelnomics. The New Science of Wishful Revolutionary Thinking.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Indeed. The queen owns 100% of the land. In the UK.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

While technically true, it makes bugger all difference to every day life.

Reply to
Guy King

|The message |from The Natural Philosopher contains these words: | |> Indeed. The queen owns 100% of the land. In the UK. | |While technically true, it makes bugger all difference to every day life.

That was true in 1066, but since then Kings and Queens have sold off most of the land to us common erks.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

0.66% of the population own 70% of the land
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

And he walks around with name like that.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Lord Hall, I never.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It does big style.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The message from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

What's it changed about the way I lived my life today?

Reply to
Guy King

Read Who Own Britain by Kevin Cahill and Who Runs Britain by Jerwemy Paxman

For starters. Come back when read for clarification of points.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Unfortunately _not_ true ! Sovereigns have granted _holdings_ to 'us common erks'. The land remains the property of the Crown. Where do you think the wording Free-Hold; Lease-Hold; Crown-Hold; etc.etc. originate?

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Sold off? 0.66% of the population own 70% of the land. They don't sell land! You don't buy land, only the title to occupy it and sell the title on. The title can be taken back at any time.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No, they have sold off a rent free infinite leases...to live on bits of it..but not the land itself, or indeed all and every right attached to it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

... and how often do you see the Queen showing up at the front doors of her subjects asking for her land back?

Even so, your figures are wrong because 1 in 60million does not equate to 0.66%.

How do you keep your job in the plumbers merchants when you can't do basic arithmetic?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, boy you are slow. The point is she owns the land. If push came to shove she would take it back and set the army on the people. Those people are ruthless and have been throughout history.

Matt, again. 0.66% of the population own 70% of the land. Now that is easy. Even the plantpot can understand that.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Which push and shove did you have in mind? Elizabeth Windsor on a Chieftain tank? Phil the Greek driving a JCB?

You do live in a fantasy world.

/ You just said that the Queen owns the land. Make up your mind

Reply to
Andy Hall