quarter turn taps leaking

Can anyone point me to a website that shows the construction of them please? We have 3 that are leaking in one form or another.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Have a look here;

the splined top is turned two things happen, one is the white plastic slot (just above where it says 21.5mm) opens - as does the slot on the other side.

On the bottom (the blue bit) are two more slot which also open.

Worth soaking the thing in descaler first, if not replace. Not all plumbers merchants stock them, only one in the Medway Towns (pop

250,000) for instance.

Take the cartridge, the tap top and the screw with you.

More here;

The Medway Handyman

Dave, that gives me enough info to tackle them.

Dave

Reply to
Dave