Quadrant floor finishing

The *tiles from hell* thread reminded me of a problem encountered by my wife in renovating a flat for letting. No overlapping of jobs so each trade has been able to choose work times and methods.

The problems seem to arise where a job outside traditional skills is attempted, e.g. the builder/plumber who convinced her he could lay a laminate floor. Having read the relevant thread I told her he should remove the skirting and refit.

The message was passed on but rejected due to the extra cost and need to re-decorate. So he covered up the expansion gap with foil faced MDF quadrant. This is a '70's built flat with narrow, tapering skirting! OK so the long runs look all right but the door reveals look an absolute bodge.

Still not too bad in a large lounge with only three doors but the hall has eight! Each one with a pair of 2" badly mitred quadrant waiting for the first hungry vacuum cleaner and with large unfilled gaps where the door architrave projects beyond the skirting. Grrrr...

Has anyone tried adapting bath seal strips to this sort of application?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb