PVC Door handle/bar

Hi,

I have removed the handle from both sides of my PVC door including the bar between the 2 handles, I have tried to put the handles back on with the bar just like it was before I took them off.

But now the door won't lock and the handle won't go down, its really stiff and I don't want to snap it by turning it too hard.

Any suggestions??

TIA

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
Nick J

The message from "Nick J" contains these words:

Have you put the handles on the right sides?

Or, more likely you've accidentally already pushed the operating mechanism into the down position before fitting the handles and they're unable to push it further down.

Reply to
Guy King

Hi,

I have put the handles on the correct sides, I believe you are right about the operating mechanism, is there anything I could do about this or do you think I need to get a locksmith?

TIA

Reply to
Nick J

The message from "Nick J" contains these words:

Assuming you can still open the door - take the handles off and try again!

Reply to
Guy King

Take them off; rotate them (90 degrees?) and put them back on?

Alex

Reply to
Alex