Proving some rotation

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com explained on 19/04/2019 :

There is no way to make it visible in my line of sight. The cutter deck is (obviously) underneath, the duct from that, carrying the fan blown cut grass, goes below and exits at the very back.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

dennis

diy!

Reply to
Davidm

The review here tells you how to connect it.

Same item but from china if you want to wait.

Reply to
dennis

TNP's suggestion does have the merit of not requiring any modification to the cutter blades. This, of course, assumes they aren't made out of non-magnetic stainless steel and assumes you can get your magnetised pickup coil within sensing range of the cutter blades.

I suspect you might have to amplify the output if you can't get it within a few millimetres of the cutter blades to generate enough voltage to drive a LED directly, in which case a low pass filter may be required to minimise the risk of false positives by interference signal pickup from the ignition circuit.

Reply to
Johnny B Good