White Knight Tumble Drier Drum Not Rotating

Hello,

I have a White Knight CL382 tumble drier that has stopped working. I can hear the motor working but the fan and the drum don't rotate. Having opened it up I can get it working by manually spinning the drum. Doing this kickstarts the drier into action.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Also, I would greatly appreciate a service manual if anyone has a copy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

D Dutton

Reply to
Daniel Dutton

Does the belt feel loose? Assuming it has a belt, of course.

If it has then look for a means to adjust it and do so, if not then you'll have to find a new one. The tensioner on my TD was a right PITA to get the belt back on.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Thanks for the reply, Si.

The belt seems fine to me. Very taught. The interesting thing is that the dryer does work after giving the drum a nudge. When it has been given some momentum.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

D Dutton

Reply to
spam

Can you actually see the motor running when the drum is still? I know they're a pain to get to but you might be able to see it with a torch. Try not to fry yourself :)

Perhaps the belt is *too* tight and the drive is spinning inside it until you give it a nudge? No idea why it would become too tight though. Perhaps it's got shiny and slippery?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Sounds like some sort of clutch-slip to me. Is the belt pulley slipping on the shaft of the motor? Or is the belt slipping on the pulley?

If the latter then maybe the drive belt/pulley has got a bit of grease on it or something?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew McKay

Reply to
Egbert Nobacon

Thanks a lot Egbert (lol).

You were spot on. I've swapped the capicitor and its now working perfectly.

Thanks to everyone else who replied as well.

Cheers

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Dutton