Productive weekend

Additional dormer roof supporting pillar and mid span beam.

Reply to
Tim Watts

In message , Tim Watts writes

Ouch! My brain hurts. I guess to fully understand what is happening, you have to be there:-)

My planned alterations include a new dormer in an existing pitched roof, removing the roof where engineered trusses have been used and re-roofing to include an extension with two further dormers.

I'll be back!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

My brain hurts every time I uncover something s**te that was done by Mr Bodgitt in the 70's. If I had had money at the start and kne wthe roof needed retiling *before* I did anything else, I would have had the dormers and floor joists taken out and the whole lot redone properly - and had something a little more artistic than two flat roof dormers.

But here we are - retro-fixing as we go :|

Good luck!

Reply to
Tim Watts