Help to replace ceramic pole in Global knife sharpener

I have purchased a new ceramic pole for my global knife sharpener. From what I can tell it is simply a push fit, but I cannot even get the old one out never mind the new one in. I accept that my hands are not strong, but even with grips I cannot move the old one. Am I missing anything? Any tips or ideas welcomed. TIA

Reply to
Broadback