Problem with sealant in bathroom

We have just had a new bath installed, and the plumber has put white sealant/silicon around the bath. However, he's made a bit of a mess with it, as it is not consistent all the way around (i.e. it comes onto the bath as much as 2cm in some places, 0.5cm in others). What would you recommend to fix this. Obviously its tough stuff. Is there a chemical that can get rid of it, which doesn't damage the enamel? I would be concerned to get a stanley knife to it and damage the bath.

Any comments welcome.

Reply to
ler01kjh

There are silicon removers, but it's best to get the bulk off with a blade or it will take forever and cost a lot in remover. Awful job. Bloody plumbers.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

And when you redo it use masking tape to mark the border. You can also get plastic things for smoothing the silicon ...Screwfix sell one at about £9...never used one so don't know how well they work

Stuat

Reply to
anony

Try

It has a sealant remover and 4 different plastic thingies to put it back on nicely :o)

JellyBelly

Reply to
JellyBelly

Agreed. If you haven't paid the plumber yet, get the bugger back to sort it. Oh, you have paid him...

Agreed. Yes, it's called a Fugenboy - I have one, and it's defintely worth getting (google this newsgroup for others' experience)

David

Reply to
Lobster

A sharp modelers scalpel - new blade first - will cut it and with care not damage anything else, and if you are lucky, you can pull it all off and redo it.

Those are the only two remedies I have found to work.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher