crap B&Q stuff

I bought some white plastic caps from B&Q, used to cover the screws that hold the toilet down to the floor. You know, a cup-shaped washer and a cap that snaps on the top. I tightened the screws down through the cup section and thought "job nearly done" and got ready to snap the tops in place. Trying this, the useless things just rattled around on top, clearly being nowhere near tolerance. Blue-tak was required to hold them down. Very poor quality indeed. I shall be taking the others back for a refund and complaint. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Is it possible that you distorted the cup when screwing, or have you actually been screwed by B&Q? :-)

Reply to
Broadback

You should have bought the correct ones - or a tube of glue. I'm amazed you haven't taken B&Q to court on a no win no fee claim as it must have caused a lot of distress and upset.

Reply to
Ian

Be thankful you didn't pay 30-50% for the same thing in Homebase.

Danz

Reply to
Horse With No Name

I fitted an inexpensive bathroom, using mostly items from Screwfix. Though the job was a cheapie, I did lavish a lot of time and effort on it. At one stage I bought a plastic sealing strip for around the top of the bath from Homebase. It was one of those quadrant things that gets built in under the adjacent tiling. It had a soft squeegee like lip to seal against the bath enamel.

After about a week the sealing lip started to curl up and it looked really crap. As it was stuck in under a row of tiles, replacement wasn't an easy option. In the end I got the Stanley knife out and cut the soft lip off. I then ran a bead of the silicone sealant that the strip had been intended to replace.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

And don't buy one of these either...

had to take mine back after 10 months due to the "bearings" being utterly destroyed. To their credit, they took it back, no questions, even without a receipt.

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak