basic fixings - cone-shaped washer.

Fitting basin to wall. Basin has large-ish square cutouts that do not fit the fixing system snugly and therefore allow movement even when tightened. I'm sure they used to supply a cone-shaped rubber-bung-type washer that centred itself as it was tightened. Where can I get such a thing from ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Basin fittings, that is.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

B&Q had such a basin fixing kit in last year. My new basin came with total crap plate fixings and was half the length required, so I had to replace it.

Reply to
EricP

Basin Fixing Kit, like this?

?cId=101697&ts=11927&id=71804HTH John

Reply to
John

Well, none of these is quite what I had in mind, The flanges are not tapered and do not fit snugly into the cutout, so they do not lock the basin in place. The edge of the basin is likely to be leant on when getting out of the bath, so this is important. But I guess copious silicone would do the trick. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson