Pro User 50l compressor at Makro

Anyone heard of Pro User? Makro are (or will be) selling a Pro User

50l compressor for =A399.99 + Vat from 1/12. All I can find about about it is that it has 1.5Kw/2Hp motor, weight 32Kg and displaces 206l/min

TIA

Richard

Reply to
RJS

Almost certainly yet another badged version of the ones Aldi and other cheap outlets sell. Wolfcraft, power craft are but two brands on these. Wolf brand went under in the last year or so but there are plenty of badge stickering companies around to import these chinese machines.

Very noisy but ok for light DIY use. Easy to transport. The hysteresis (pressure difference between switching off and switching back on) on mine is too great for consistent air nailing. This might be adjustable but I've not tried yet. Great to inflate tyres and blow dust out of the way. Useless for most air tools as they have too greater appetite for air.

I think I paid £60 for mine with a load of plug in bits. I had to use the one for oil and waxoyl spraying recently - that works well. £99 +vat sounds steep to me though.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks Bob

Others have said more or less the same thing. I think I'll wait for the next Machine Mart sale.

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
RJS

Get the biggest receiver and the most powerful model you can afford but make sure it will start reliably off a 13 amp socket -- the bigger ones need decompressers and big capacitors for starting. And belt drive is infinitely better than direct drive. You can models with up to 200 litre receivers answering that description and on wheels, what's more.

John

Reply to
John MacLeod