Using wet cut tiles

Do they have to be allowed to thoroughly dry out or is removing excess water sufficient before bedding them in ?

TIA

Reply to
Andy Cap

Whatever you're using to bed them in is presumably water based, so a little extra doesn't matter

Reply to
stuart noble

I guess that makes sense. Bal Green Star for the record. Thanks

Reply to
Andy Cap

I take it you mean using a wet diamond wheel to cut them, no probs except it can be a messy business. I usually just wipe the free water off them with kitchen paper, Have a a roll ready and also wipe the ground up clay paste that sticks to them. Then just use them as you would a fresh tile from the box. I've done hundreds like that and never had any problems. Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill

Thanks for that reassurance. Good luck with your Danfoss ! ;-)

Reply to
Andy Cap

I just wipe them off with some kitchen towel. Damp is fine. In fact I usually wash them off first to clear all the cutting scunge off (those glaze splinters are a disaster for my fingers!) so they really are wet.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yep - I used that for my walls and had no problems.

What you might notice is that of the tile is very damp, the "grab" of the BAL might reduce if you are trying to hang big tiles with no support. Wasn't a problem on my 10cm tiles - but I did fell the wet ones were easier to move around for longer than the dry ones - which is fairly logical...

Reply to
Tim Watts

No, just wipe off any excess water or tile slurry...

Reply to
John Rumm