Price for boarding & skimming?

Two ceilings, both about 15' x 11'. Any ideas roughly how much (loc.in East Kent)?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Say about a fiver for each bag of plaster and another fiver for each board. Some nails or black screws and that's about it for DIY.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Yes, yes, I know :) Some things are beyond even me though. If I promise to decorate the ceiling and the rest of the room could I get an idea of cost? Eh? Waddayasay?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Half a day to board, a day to skim (for a plasterer + labourer). Round here (Devon) maybe £350-£400.

Reply to
Grunff

Thank you kindly.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Only if you do it really nicely.... :-)

Going on the chaps I had doing plastering work for me in our old house I reckon about 1 1/2 days for plasterer and his mate. . GBP250- 300?

Reply to
chris French

Weeeeeeeell...ok then.

That sounds better than the previous estimate of £350-£400. Tell him he's got the job, would you? ;)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

In message , "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot" writes

:-)

Well I was very much guesstimating. He used to charge me around 300 or so plus materials for boarding a ceiling and skimming a room (but none were simple , always some patching etc. to be done, usually 2 days or so) - but he was pretty cheap as well, and it was in Leeds.

Reply to
chris French