Pressure washer repair

I bought one of those green performance power pressure washers from B&Q a couple of years ago. The black plastic cover over the pistons which produce the high pressure has split. Tried to repair with araldite but no good, just splits again. Any ideas on spares available or should I just consign it to the bin?

Reply to
Mortimer

Araldite often fails on plastics - depends on the type. In any case, I'm not sure anything would work in this particular case. I've fixed broken plastic on the low-pressure side of my Kärcher unit using Loctite Prism 406, a variant on the superglue theme, plus the associated primer for 'difficult' plastics. It will actually stick Teflon to Teflon, believe it or not.

As to suggestions:

  1. Can you find any signs of a manufacturer's name on or in the unit or its documentation?

  1. Have you asked B&Q customer services, or whatever they call themselves. You can't possibly be the first person to need spares for, or repair of, these units. You might have to persevere, but it could save you a lot of money.

Good luck!

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

Bin it, a new karcher starts at just over thirty quid.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Even Kärchers aren't necessarily all that fantastic. The low pressure water inlet port on mine is absurdly weak and vulnerable to damage, which of course is precisely what happened when I moved house - clumsy removal men. Unfortunately, by the time I realised, it was too late to do anything about it. I have effected a DIY repair, but it's not going to last forever. :-(

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

Hi,

Can you get a jubilee clip round it to hold it together?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C