Pressure washer connection adapters

Hi All,

I bought one of these to replace my pressure washer hose and split lance

It transpires that the bit that I thought went on to the supplied lance (the end which has the rubber washer on and large black bit) actually goes on to the pressure washer and the end with the silver nut and no washer goes on the lance. This is the opposite from the one I have.

The problem I have is that the bit that needs to fit to the pressure washer is too big - the "nut" is M22 but needs to be M14 (same as the other end) and the bit with the washer on is too thick (it is circa 14mm and needs to be circa 9mm). I tried looking at my compression plumbing fittings to see if I could cobble something together to make an adapter but couldn't find anything that would work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Lee.

Reply to
leen...

Do a bit more searching on eBay, after identifying the thread dimensions that you need. IIRC pressure washers bits are mostly metric these days, but you also still find BSP fittings. A number of years ago I made a male to male adapter to connect parts from different manufacturers by getting a bit of brass hex bar a couple of inches long and drilling and tapping from each end with the required threads, but I think there is more stuff available now. If you can find a pair of brass fittings that are each good at one side but not the other, perhaps you can join them together by silver soldering, preferrably with a plug and socket arrangement even if it is a bit crude. Do you know anyone with a lathe?

Reply to
newshound