Properly Joined Electrical Wire

Should I join all my wires like this in future?

How to Twist Electric Wire Together/ Properly Joint Electrical Wire

Radio Man

Radio Man presented the following explanation :

That is close to the college taught method of making a joint (with the addition of some solder).

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Very similar to the old way of making off aerial lashing wire.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I would suggest that the art of twisting wires together was invented by there Spanish as I've encountered it in their self catering flats on holiday in the past as well as the two pin plugs where the stranded wire is trapped by the treads of the hand tightened plug pins leaving strands poking out to get a belt from. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Is all that wrapping necessary for joining a mains lead?

Reply to
Radio Man

Radio Man formulated the question :

It was, plus tinning a couple of sections with solder, at each side - so as to retain some level flexibility in the joint.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.