Preparing walls for painting

Hi,

I am trying to prepare my hallways walls for painting. After removing the old wallpaper, I have found that underneath the walls are a patchwork of bare plaster and a layer of paint. There is a slight ridge where the paint and plaster meet, and I am worried that this will show through after painting.

Two options I am considering are.. Paint the plaster patchs to bring up the level, and then sand the areas until smooth. Or use this Polycell "BaseCoat", Does anyone have any experience of this product, would it suit this purpose ?

Any other ideas will be gratefully considered ;-)

Paul..

Reply to
Wordy

If the paint is sound, I'd just feather in the edges with polyfilla and a plasterers trowel

Reply to
Stuart Noble

and if the paint isn't sound then I would use lining paper.

Reply to
Rednadnerb

Hi,

I have d> Hi,