How to Remove Painted Wallpaper from Wall & Painting Paneling

The bedrooms in the house I just bought are covered with wallpaper then
paint.
How can I remove the painted wallpaper then prep the plaster walls for
painting.
AFter that do I need a primer coat? If so what kind of primer?
Another question:
Some rooms are covered in dark paneling. How do I prepare the paneling for
painting it with a light color?
Thanks,
Tom
Reply to
tom
Use the same procedure with the painted wallpaper as with vinyl wallpaper. Paneling is frequently coated with a substance requiring special solvents. If the back of the paneling is smooth just reverse it and use Zinners or Killz. Have seen lots of people with peeling walls who did not reverse or properly prep paneling. Louis
Reply to
stan100

Site Timeline Threads