How to Remove Painted Wallpaper from Wall & Painting Paneling

The bedrooms in the house I just bought are covered with wallpaper then paint. How can I remove the painted wallpaper then prep the plaster walls for painting. AFter that do I need a primer coat? If so what kind of primer?

Another question:

Some rooms are covered in dark paneling. How do I prepare the paneling for painting it with a light color?

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
tom

Read up about your topic here:

Arclight

Very helpful.

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
tom

No it doesn't address the original question but it's still a helpful reply.

Tom

Reply to
tom

Use the same procedure with the painted wallpaper as with vinyl wallpaper. Paneling is frequently coated with a substance requiring special solvents. If the back of the paneling is smooth just reverse it and use Zinners or Killz. Have seen lots of people with peeling walls who did not reverse or properly prep paneling. Louis

Reply to
stan100