Premazor 57 weed killer

Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no help (for me anyway)

Reply to
fred

Ive turned up one source recommending 45ml per 5-10l but no indication of the recommended applicator for that dilution

Reply to
fred

What the hell are you doing with an agricultural formulation pesticide if you don't know WTF you are doing?

Reply to
Martin Brown

Maybe he still thinks "Grandfather Rghts" exist...

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Agreed, but

10oml in 5 litre knapsack sprayer
Reply to
newshound

It wasn't *that* difficult or expensive to go on a course to turn "Grandfather Rghts" into a proper qualification when "Grandfather Rghts" stopped being allowed. I'm not sure if such courses are still available.

In my experience it can be really quite difficult to find dilution rates for herbicide etc., it often takes me quite a while to work out what's needed from the information supplied on the container (which is often quite extensive and in very small print). Once I've found it though I tend to write a simple version of what I actually need in large letters on the container.

Reply to
Chris Green

They are, although whether amateurs can use them is open to question. For example, see here:

The course is £130 (+VAT), but is intended for those "... employed within the agriculture or horticulture industries, and if you are responsible for the storage, handling and application of pesticides."

Quite a few FAQs here: in particular Q8 needs to be read. Then you can download and read the whole 168 pages of the Code of Practice for using plant protection products here:

It seems to me that they are trying to make it as difficult as possible for amateurs to use professional PPP in their gardens.

I think that's because the instructions are often in terms of "Use X litres of product per hectare" rather than "take 5 ml and dilute to 1 litre to treat 20 sq m".

Reply to
Jeff Layman

help (for me anyway)

Yes I wrote dilution rates on the continer but tjhey rubbed off :-(

Reply to
fred

Dont know how I missed that. Many thanks

Reply to
fred

Because they banned Simazine which I often used

Reply to
fred

I spray a horse paddock every two or three years. I found the data for Grazon 90 and Grazon Pro reasonably accessible, and the calcs are easy enough with a calculator or spreadsheet. It turns out that with my sprayer set to a nice fine mist, and driving at a walking pace you get pretty much the right coverage in a single pass. (I did a "calibration" run at half concentration).

Last time I looked up the rules I reckoned my years working in research laboratories with reasonably hazardous materials provided the required training and experience. I'm careful to comply with the rules about watercourses.

Reply to
newshound

In message , Jeff Layman writes Snip

My Grandfather rights expired long ago!

You still need *training* to use a knapsack sprayer!

Product mixes for agricultural/horticultural use are usually specified as litres/hectare which is a bit stiff if applied with a garden watering can!

A rule of thumb might say those rates are not far off if spray is applied as a fine mist (hand held or knapsack) but not to the point of visibly wetting/runoff from leaves.

Kindly don't sue me if your lawn goes stripy:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

We have 9 acres of land which is registered as agricultural, while I may be an amateur it certainly isn't my 'garden'! :-) The course I went on was aimed at such as me and the guy who came round to test me (yes, a real, live, test - watching me do it in practice) seemed to be sensible in that my 'locked store' wasn't all that secure and what he was most concerned about was whether I wasn't a complete twit and either knew what I was doing or knew that I didn't know and would look it up.

Exactly, usually there's a little sort of afterthought that gives suggested dilution for back-pack and hand-held sprayers, you just need to find it.

Reply to
Chris Green

Ah well. Now we are out of the EU all things will be put right!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Used or abused? The main reason it got banned was irresponsible use.

Reply to
Martin Brown

100ml to 5 litres according to :-
Peter Parry

Chris Green was thinking very hard :

That is what I do, with a mix capacity to suit my spray container.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield