Weed KIller Froze in Shed During Winter

Hello, My Bayer Lawn Weed Killer concentrate froze this past winter while stored im my shed. The label says do not allow it to freeze. Was it weed killing capabilities compromised because it did freeze?

thxs.

Reply to
Roger Ramjet

Probably; that's why the warning is there. Dispose of it safely.

J. Del Col

Reply to
J. Del Col

The warning could of been put there for safety reason-freezing may cause the container to burst.

Reply to
Roger Ramjet

Reply to
Brian

I am inclined to agree that freezing is not likely to alter the chemical properties. If the mix is an emusion it may destabilise it into its components - which would be why the warning is on the tin. Check the contents for consistency. Has it separated into layers or floating globules or lumps? If so you may be able to restore it by letting it warm up in the sun and then shaking hard. If it has lumps then don't spray it as it may clog your sprayer, if not give it a try as the worst that can happen is it doesn't work.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Roger, In the spring of 2001 I purchased a gallon of Round-up and have had it stored in my garage ever since. It has frozen several times and is still effective. I used the same gallon last week on some weeds and they are slowly dying. I didn't expect the product to be any good after having frozen and thawed in the garage so many times.

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte J.

Speaking of weed killer...what kind is safest for the grass? The type I'm using seems to kill the grass also.

Reply to
Outsidelightson