Powering a mains radio from a lighting circuit.. Permissible?

It complies.

However the socket may be better labelled up as "Socket fed from lighting circuit" depending on the position of it.

Reply to
ARW

Not if the manufacturer of the radio says you have to use a 3A fuse.

Reply to
ARW

Any such appliance is either non-compliant or such advice given with it would be wrong. All new appliances are required to be safe on a 13A fuse.

If 13A sockets on a lighting circuit is compliant, what's to stop one putting an entire floor of 13A sockets on a 6A 1mm2 radial?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I don't think I have seen an unused clock connector, the square MK ones certainty had one, and this Wylex round one has two, doubling as pins. Eat your heart out D&S.

Graham.

I always like to comply with manufactures instructions but sometimes they don't make it easy.

(Yes I know it's not connected directly to the mains)

Reply to
Graham.

Name that law and stick it in the Wiki then.

Nothing if the sockets are correctly labelled up.

Reply to
ARW

Nothing, if that's appropriate for the intended use, though I'd struggle to think of one. A load of sockets for phone charging in a coffee shop maybe?

Otherwise, it doesn't comply with the regs as you haven't selected a suitable design for the expected use of the installation.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Humphrey

I have a 6A protected radial socket circuit here. It feeds my comms cabinet and is deigned to support the broadband routers, network switch, NAS, PABX and other similar kit.

Even if someone really decided it was sensible to plug a fan heater into one of the sockets, the worst they could do is trip the MCB.

For the OPs situation that is not a problem though is it?

Reply to
John Rumm