power-tools

Ah well, doesn't do to starve someone of the full range of inforpinions available from these parts... :-)

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

I don't like snakes.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

You're babbling incoherently again

what you typed just doesn't make sense

Reply to
geoff

Situation normal, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I used a jigsaw yesterday to cut a lot of 2.4m featheredge boards. I quite often use it for cutting skirting/picture rails, the sole plate tilts which can be useful.

Why strangely? Is your Bosch the one with the click-stop turn cap on top of the blade (that shakes loose if you abuse the machine)? IIRC there's a little compartment to lose blades from if you use it, too.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

I've never had that happen. And I've had it many years.

Yup. Strange they can't design something which clips closed adequately.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I've experienced it cutting sheet steel with a too-coarse pitch blade. Good way of knackering blades, too. If you let that happen, or any other thing that causes very bad hammering, it can chip the (then overloaded) gears, too.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built