Screwfix £5 waterpump pliers - GONE!

Just entered the code (19281) for Screwfix's £5 red handled 10 1/2" waterpump pliers and there they were - gone! They're in the catalogue (issue

74, p 403) but no sign of them on the web site. Tried searching for 'waterpump' and 'pliers' and I can see the 16" pliers (excellent - I've got 2 pairs) and the £10 red handled 10 1/2" (crap - sent the last pair back) but none of the ones I'm after. Glitch on the web ordering system, perhaps, or has anyone any experience of Screwfix suddenly withdrawing an item like this? Can't be because of any problem with the item because they happily sell stuff even they know is crap (google Screwfix vinyl pipe cutter group:uk.d-i-y)!

Only reason I wanted to order them was because I gave the ones in my toolbox to a friend, knowing I had a spare pair at home and planning to order a new set. Boo hoo :-(

Reply to
John Stumbles

So are there two different red handled 10 1/2 " ones . One lot crap as you descibe above and another set that are ok . ?? Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Yes -- or at least there were, as I say they just seem to have the £10 crap ones listed now. Just found what looks like the cheapy goodies at Toolstation though (and even cheaper @ £4.65) so I'll try those.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Energy saving bulbs come and go like there's no tomorrow on the web site.

20W ones are the worst for this.
Reply to
G&M

So this would seem to be a tacit way of them saying they're out of stock. Thanks.

(Tangentially, FWIW someone on alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains (whoever thought of THAT ng name?!) mentioned that LIDL are doing cheap low-energy bulbs.)

Reply to
John Stumbles