power supply connection of storage heater

I have recently purchased a new

SH12M Elnur Manual Storage Radiator

1.70kW Storage Radiator with manual input control Charge Acceptance (7hr): 11.9kW

We do have a separate meter which reads our Off peak power consumption.

Could anyone please help me as to how I must connect this heater to a power supply? What kind of wiring, switch plate etc do I need to buy and how do I connect the main power leads to the heater terminals? Any information will be gratefully accepted! Thank you.

Reply to
daveray1

On 9 Nov 2006 03:54:32 -0800 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote this:-

There should be a separate fuse board for off-peak circuits. The heater should be connected to this. A double pole switch is installed at the point where the fixed wiring changes into the heat resisting cable that goes into the heater itself.

Reply to
David Hansen

Dedicated 16A circuit in 2.5mm cable (minimum) to the off-peak consumer unit.

Switched fused connection unit (FCU) with 13A fuse in it and a flex outlet/grip.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:07:49 +0000 someone who may be Owain wrote this:-

Double pole switches are better as they allow the heater to be changed for a larger one without changing the outlet.

Reply to
David Hansen

Why?

The only time we had economy 7, the whole house was economy 7, there were no separate circuits. Thus, to do the laundry on economy 7 we just plugged the w/m in via a plug in timer to ensure it came on at the correct time.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

That's okay for the w/m but storage heaters must be on radial circuits - there is no diversity allowed for storage heaters as they all come on simultaneously.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On 10 Nov 2006 04:08:56 -0800 someone who may be " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote this:-

So that the heaters can be connected up to that board and they will only operate when an off-peak supply is available. The lower immersion heater should also be connected to the same board.

I know buildings like that. It just means that they are not wired up for off-peak heating. If the OP wishes to use off-peak heating then they either connect to the off-peak board (installing one if necessary), or they slightly bodge it with a time clock.

Reply to
David Hansen