Potterton Suprima 50L - Continuing Saga

Hello all,

I have had a continuing issue with my Potterton Suprima 50L boiler. For over 6 weeks I have had the boiler lock out (red flashing LED once per second) up to 6 times per evening. I have had Heat Team come out to it 5 times and they have replaced the APS (twice) and the PCB (twice). On the last visit they told me I had a blockage on the cold water feed from the header tank for the system and that I should get a plumber to replace it. So I did. I turned all the heating back on and it ran for 5 hours fine. Then at 7PM in the evening it locked out again. Can anyone give me any advice as to what may be causing this issue?

Kevin.

Reply to
Kevin

In message , Kevin writes

Do you have a red HT lead ?

Reply to
geoff

Sorry Geoff I'm a complete nonce when it comes to electronics. I've not personally had the cover off the boiler to inspect the wiring. I'll take a look and get back to you on that. Are you thinking that the HT lead is carbonfibre as opposed to copper? I've read that this can be a cause of failure.

Kevin.

Reply to
Kevin

you didn't mean that, did you ...

Wikipedia - "Nonce (slang), a sex offender or child sexual abuser"

front right hand panel is on a hinge an angles down - the HT lead is a single lead running up to the electrode

If you have a new module (white box as opposed to a pcb) it's highly unlikely that it's not been changed, but let's eliminate the obvious first

it's as unreliable as the pcb !

Reply to
geoff

Errr, no I didn't mean that. I didn't even know that's what it meant. I apologise for any offence caused.

Reply to
Kevin

In message , Kevin writes

No offence,

If you use a word with such connotations which you don't know of, it seemed a good idea to tell you

Reply to
geoff

Aawh - why not? Not like you to miss an opportunity... :-) Geo

Reply to
Geo

That's me in fluffy mode, you see ...

Reply to